Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dermatologist/Dentist and fear of needles?

When I was ten I had to go five times to a foot doctor and every time I got three shots. Which were extremely painful. I also went to the dentist twice in the same month that year, and both times they gave me a shot in the gums. Needless to say, that hurt like hell too.


Ever since then whenever I see or think about a needle, I start crying, shaking, and hyperventilating.


Today my grandma got home and told me that she made both an appointment at the dermatologist and the dentist for tomorrow. I have a plantar wart on my toe, and it actually has been going away on it%26#039;s own. But I don%26#039;t want either of them to get close to me with a needle. I%26#039;m going to the dentist for a filling. Obviously, I%26#039;m really scared...





I%26#039;ve tried getting out of the appointments, and it didn%26#039;t work. Is there any way to get over the fear, by tomorrow morning?|||Ask your dentist if he offers nitrous to calm you before the shot. Also a topical numbing cream will be put on the gums to help make the shot less painful. Remember that a tooth ache is far worse than a shot to fill and prevent a worse situation. Take it easy and talk to the dentist and skin


dr. to explain your fears and they will surely put you at ease.|||just don%26#039;t think about it. i%26#039;m almost the same way. needles freak me out, but if i concentrate on something else i don%26#039;t freak out and almost run away from the doctor haha. i really do freak out if i think about it though. ughhhhh! i hate needles!

1 comment:

  1. I hate dentists more. Actually, seeing the dentist's equipment is more horrifying chisel like machine. Others looks like a drilling machine too. Dermatologist stuff are more bearable. Believe me :)

    ReplyDelete