Sunday, April 25, 2010

Acne and Dermatologist.?

What are the best results you have seen from a dermatologist, with acne under the skin?


I was my face faithfully, I even use proactive...still nothing.


Every once in a while I will get acne under my skin, (It%26#039;s really painful) but I also get Acne on the surface as well.


I was wondering if anyone has had an experience with a dermatologist, where the treatment really did work for both kinds of acne? If so what was it?|||I am 38 and I have had really bad acne since I was 14. I had just what you had, acne under my skin! And yes it was painful. I also had some on top of the skin and on my upper back. I went to a dermatologist for about 15 years and tried everything! I was on antibiotics for years and then Accutane three times! I tried prescription topical things (including retin-A) and everything over the counter too! The Accutane worked the best, it would help for a year or so then it would wear off and I would start getting acne again. My acne has continued into adulthood. Some topical solutions seemed to help a little, or for a little while, but in the end none of it ever eliminated my acne.





I tried eliminating greasy foods, chocolate, caffeine, and sugar. None of those worked for me.





Recently I changed my diet and my acne ALL went away! I was absolutely stunned! I never thought it would go away, after having acne for over 20 years! When I changed my diet, all of the under the skin acne dried up too! I have never had an under-the-skin acne flare up since I changed my diet. I only get maybe one pimple every month or two now, I can actually count them, and usually I know it is because I veered from my new way of eating. But I can count them, and usually I have NO acne!





What do I eat now: lots of fruits, vegetables, dairy, fish, seafood, nuts, seeds, and olives. I eat less than 40g of sugar per day (on average). I also eat %26quot;in the Zone%26quot; at most meals. See the book %26quot;Enter the Zone%26quot; by Dr. Sears, it explains the science behind how food acts in your body. I still eat dark chocolate and iced tea (without sugar) every day! Still no acne! It has been one year without acne now! I still have some red marks and scars, but I am confident it won%26#039;t come back again.





My sister had a similar acne problem her whole life, she is 37 years old now. We have been trying to figure out what got rid of my acne because she still has acne and has been eating %26quot;healthy%26quot; for over a decade now. She is on an ultra-low fat diet and eats: lean meats, lots of whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and very little sugar.





We decided there are only four differences in our diets:


1. I stopped eating meat (except fish %26amp; seafood)


2. I eat a lot of monounsaturated fats (found in nuts, seeds, olives, and olive oil)


3. I eat very little bread, cereal pasta, cookies, or whole grains. [this used to be one of my favorites!]. Less than one serving per day, often none. Carbs are in fruits and vegetables and that is where I get my carbohydrates now.


4. I combine foods similar to the Zone (not perfectly, nor all the time, but often!)





It is very likely # 3 that is causing her acne or a combination of the above. She just started to try #3, so I will let you know how it goes. She has tried #1 and it wasn鈥檛 the meat. She refuses to try #2 [ultra-low fat is just too important to her].





There are also books on improving acne with your diet. Kat James wrote a book called, %26quot;The Truth About Beauty%26quot;. It describes how to transform your looks without surgery (via foods you choose). Also, Nicolas Perricone wrote a book called, %26quot;The Perricone Prescription%26quot; which talks about foods that improve your skin. He also lots of other books on similar topics. Most of these books can probably be checked out of your local library for free! I read parts of both and incorporated some of the things I read. But I won%26#039;t eat things I do not like.





In my opinion, the cause is different for each person. Don%26#039;t rule out your diet though! When I was 15, I don%26#039;t know if I would have changed my diet if someone told me to do it, I loved steak, pizza, candy, bread, pasta, and lots of other junk! But if someone told my it could get rid of my acne, I would have tried it in a heartbeat!!





I say keep searching, you will find what causes your acne!|||In common parlance, acne occurs when the pores of the skin are blocked by natural oil produced by our bodies and dirt. This mostly occurs during the onset of puberty, as the hormones are developing and also occurs regularly in pregnant women.





There are various acne products available in the market.


http://acne-relief.info/|||I did everything for acne. You name it I did it: retinA, benzaclyn, etc. etc..i could go on and on. So finally I went on accutane, and only one or two pimples since.

No comments:

Post a Comment