Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dermatologist help!! i have a hole in my arm that wont stop oozing puss.How do i make it stop??

I am a 28 yr Old male. I had a growth that developed from a pimple or bite on my arm that sort of healed over and became hard and dry skin. It would itch and i would scratch it. After 2 years i decided to get it removed. My local GP performed the Excsission. The results came back that it was nothing serious and probably just a oimple or bite that was continually infected from my scratching it. After 12 days the bandage and stiches were removed and it was healing nicely. But it never did heal. It opened up again and it would never skin over. If i leave it uncovered to dry out , it never scabs as there is fluid coming out from the inside. I went back to my GP and he recomended using DUODERM. After weeks of using this product, it continuessly sucks out puss from the wound! WIll it ever stop?? IS there something else i out there that i can try?|||It sounds like you may need an antibiotic to clear up the infection before it will heal. If you haven%26#039;t taken one since this all stared, I would talk to your doc about that. It could be a staph infection or something that really needs to be treated soon so that it doesn%26#039;t get worse. Good luck and God bless.|||have you been tested for that new strain of staph infection?


it doesn%26#039;t show up in alot of tests, and you seem to be describing it to a tee....|||O wow, check with the doc that you might be at the beginning of something called Hidradenitis Suppurativa. I had something similar on my calf muscle and a year later I kept getting them in other places... then it becomes for frequent. Its worth a check.

No comments:

Post a Comment