Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dermatologist said to not moisturize?

I finally went to the dermatologist today for my acne.


Right now its mostly just post acne scars and a little redness


(thank god my acne is calming down!)





Well I showed him what I used.


Face wash


another product


and finally


a moisturizer.





He told me that I should use a moisturizer


that it would just clog up my pores.





I told him I run in the morning and asked if sunscreen was okay


he said it was fine. Just to wash it off after.





I had always though moisturizer was good.


Now my face gets oily so its not very dry.


But I just wondering


without moisturizer won%26#039;t my makeup not go in as smoothly?





Any comments would be appreciated :)|||wow...my dermatologist said the same thing. My dermatologist is actually renowned here in nyc. anyways...if you really need moisturizer..use a noncomedogenic oil-free moisturizer. He probably said not to use yoru moisturizer because it wasn%26#039;t oil-free and it wasn%26#039;t noncomedogenic. noncomedogenic means it doesn%26#039;t clog pores btw. but if he said not to use moisturizer period..i would listen to him. hes the one who studied and went to med school which took YEARS!!! he knows more than anyone here on Y!A unless some dermatologist use Y!A. dont use moisturizer. i know its hard. you get so tempted. i get tempted too. ahh...MUST RESIST!!!and im surprised he said not to wear makeup as a lot clog pores.





however, your dermatologist said to wash off your sunscreen?? W-WHAT??? prescription acne products make you more sensitive to the sun and require sunscreen. my dermatologist stressed the sunscreen part. this time...go against the doctor%26#039;s orders. wear sunscreen. amke sure its oil-free and noncomedogenic.





EDIT**** despite what Marty C is saying...I would listen to your dermatologist. She didn%26#039;t go to med school. He did. Plus my dermatologist told me the same too. I have oil/combination skin so maybe thats why. So if its not just your dermatologist saying it...and its also my dermatologist...they must be right. although you really do need sunscreen. those prescription products make you more sensitive to the sun.





and btw...to solve your makeup problem. use primer. it will act as a canvas for your makeup and will create a barrier between your skin and makeup so it wont clog your pores. I recommend the Smashbox Photofinish primer.|||This is the most ridiculous advice i have ever heard from somebody who considers them self a doctor.





OK





You NEED MOISTURIZER!! i%26#039;ll tell you why. without moisturizer, your skin is dry. when your skin is dry, your oil glands have to work to moisturize your skin. it will make your skin oily and nasty, making you break out more. YOU HAVE TO USE MOISTURIZER!





here are some GREAT non-greasy ones.





for a budget: clean and clear oil-free morning glow moisturizer.





for department stores: clinique dramatically different moisture|||if you have oily skin you don%26#039;t need a moisturizer because your skin is naturally moistened. Try a creamy foundation(water base) with spf15....it works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment