Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dermatologist PLZ HELP?

I have been trying to make a dermatologist appointment for my acne for 2 years. Now my mom and dad finally did make me one about a month ago. But now they are having problems with money, and my appointment is coming up on the 18th of this month.





Its a $100 just for the consultation. But my grandma said she would pay for it. But here is the thing, I dont want here to have to pay for it if the dermatologist isnt going to give me anything. If she is just going to look at it and tell me a little about it, and then I will have to make another appointment later, there isnt any use because I wont be able to go back for a while because thats another $100 for another appointment.





So if anyone has ever been to a dermatologist, please let me know if they will give me something the first time I go. Thanks to anyone who helps.|||I%26#039;ve been to the dermatologist WAY more times than I could ever imagine. lol (i%26#039;ve seen at least 4 derms)





And honestly, they all sucked. All they did was tell me, %26quot;yes...so you have acne. severe acne. We can offer you treatments, but we%26#039;re not really sure how well it will work with you. but.. here you go!%26quot;





Some gave me chemical burns. Some made my skin itchy and dry. Some gave me headaches. Some made me vomit. etc... but not ONE has helped cure my acne.





I did find a few things that did help with my acne on my own.


;)





So,... I say, if it%26#039;s a reputable place, and your acne is not SERIOUS (like mine was), then I%26#039;m sure they have something to offer you.





I%26#039;m assuming you have moderate acne because people with mild acne don%26#039;t really care about trying to get a derm to check out their acne and offer treatments. They usually just use over the counter products like clean and clear, and proactive. which all SUCKED for me. If you have moderate acne, ask them about RETIN A MICRO, and TETRACYCLINE.





=)





good luck!





If you want, I could help you...........xD And no, I%26#039;m not some old fart. lmao. I%26#039;m 15 going on 16.|||They will give you a prescription medicine for your acne that you%26#039;ll have to pay for it too. And depending on what kind the dermatologist perscribes it can be expensive.





The problem also is that sometimes the perscription won%26#039;t work for you. I used to go to the dermatologist for acne when I was younger too. She perscribed me Differin%26#039;, which is an acne cream. The problem is that it would dry up my skin and it didn%26#039;t help get rid of my pimples. So I wasted all that money for nothing.





You should try Proactiv. That%26#039;s what I did. You don%26#039;t need a perscription for it. You just order it online and they ship it to you. I%26#039;ve been using it for over two years now and my skin has gotten soooooo much better. You should try it, and if it doesn%26#039;t work after a month or so you can go to the dermatologist.





Here%26#039;s the site:


http://www.proactiv.com





Hope I could help!|||since ur under 18, its not worth it





acne is a typical teenage thing, its better to get it out of your system





why don%26#039;t you put $10 dollars in a jar every month and just save enough to pay for it YOURSELF if it really bothers YOU|||chances are the doctor will prescribe you with some sort of pill and possibly a topical cream. Most likely you will get differein gel or retin A and then something like Minocylin. The doctor technically will give those to you %26quot;free%26quot; at your first consult and tell you to come back in a set period of time. like 3 - 6 months for another $100 appointment. it is usually based on the amount of medicine they prescribe.





you will have to pay somebody for the perscriptions. And depending on where you go, what your health insurance costs, it could be $50 could be $200. My insurance has a deductible and it was $250. So I had to pay full amount until I hit $250. But I am single and live on my own.





So really what you would end up paying is the $100 for the doctor visit and whatever the medication would cost.





I was on a variety of pills and topical creams for the better part of my 20s and have since done accutane.|||the first time i went to a dermatologist, i didn%26#039;t think it would really work that well.


but she gave me some products, and i immediately saw my acne start disappearing.


after the next couple appointments, she pretty much just checked up on my skin and told me to use the same stuff as before.


the problem about only having one appointment is that they give you coupons for medicine, and you could run out of medicine and have to pay full-price for it.


(which is a lot of money. one of my medicines is worth literally $500, but we only have to pay $10 because of the coupons.)


and sometimes, they%26#039;ll want you to change something about the way you%26#039;re doing your medicine.


going to a dermatologist is definitely the right way to go.


i LOVE mine, i don%26#039;t know what i would do without her!

No comments:

Post a Comment