Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dermatologist Needed!?

Im hoping that I can get a real dermatologist%26#039;s adivce on what to do with my skin.








I dont have acne. The only place I usually get pimples is in my T-zone. My nose and chin tend to peel alot. When I get pimples they are usually deep under the skin and hurt alot. Not the kind you can just get rid of in a few days. I tend to pick at my face alot, but I%26#039;m trying to stop.





What products, or routines can I use that will help me achieve perfect skin?!








Thank you.





Experienced answers only please.|||Only your skin can give you the best answer -





Typically use really pure and natural products for your face.


Stick to the regime twice a day and implement a scrub twice a week and a mask once a week -





Some great acne regimes are acne free or Clear Advantage by Arbonne -


since you don%26#039;t have a solid acne problem you could choose aveeno or nutregena products too but find a wash - toner and moisturizer for your dry spots and perhaps a stridex pad for the oily t zone.





At night you can take a hot compress to draw out dirt and deep seated pimples (heat compress in micro for double warmth) and do a deep cleaning mask once a week (try one that warms up)


and twice a week exfoliate - to break up dirt or deep pimples (surfacing them).





Take vitamins a e and c and zinc


water (8 + glasses)


diet (watch junk)


and be sure to know your skin could get worse before it adjusts.. after 30 days no results try a new product regime.


Be consistent and to much = break outs.|||First let me say that I am NOT a dermatologist. I do work with skin though. I am a customer service rep with a product called Proactiv Solution. I have worked with many different skin types in the past 2 and 1/2 years. Now Proactiv Solution is not something for everyone and I am not going to tell you to try it unless you think you would like to. I am going to tell you what is going on with your skin and the different routes you do have. First, your acne type is pretty sever in the fact that the blemishes are deep. This form of acne is called cystic acne. They tend to be hard knot like blemishes that very rarely surface. Most often it is caused by excessive dryness, hence your peeling skin. When I get a customer who describes this type of acne issue I recomend 2 things. Hydration via lots of water and an oil free, non comegenic (meaning it wont clog your pores) moisturizer. And also a good regemin to cleanse, tone and refine your skin. Now there are lots of different products that do this, with Proactiv being one of them. And there are 2 main acne products or chemicals that will help you alivate your issue. I would first try something that contains a chemical called salycilic acid. This is a gentle acne fighting agent that would not intensify your skin issue. You really need to stick with it for at least 4 months on proper and continual usage to really see results. The reason why I say this is because acne is not an instantanious %26quot;curable%26quot; skin condition, as there is no cure for acne issues. There is good news though, as acne is MAINTAINABLE. If you find that the salycilic acid is not strong enough then you would need a product with benzoyl peroxide. You need to be careful with benzoyl peroxide though because it could take your already dry skin and make it worse. Either way you go you need to get the moisturizer going to get your skin hydrated because when you have dry skin, it is your skin cells causing a blockage in your pores. When you get a blockage, your oil glands become more active and try to push it out and it can%26#039;t because skin is too heavy to move like that. Thus causing your acne issue. With me working for Proactiv Solution I hear lots of great sucess stories with the product. If you are interested in trying it, you could call customer service and ask to start off with the Gentle Formula Kit. This kit will cost you 45.90 every 2 months so you can get your skin under control. If you chose to look into other products I can refer you to some. Starting with a product called Arbon. You can google it to get more info. There is also a product calle Ance Free. This product is similar to Proactiv as it has the 3 steps and it is a benzoyl peroxide based product, and is cheaper then Proactiv Solution, BUT we find that the results are kinda hairy... meaining it either works extremely well or it makes matters much much worse as the acne fighting ingredient is milled differently. I will let you know that if you can not find a moisturizer that you are comfortable with Proactiv does have one called the Oil Free moisturizer with SPF 15. If you join the club with the actual kits it can be added to your kit for just 10 bucks, or purchased seperately at 19.95. If you don%26#039;t join the club you can still get it at retail price for 25.00. Also, you may want to consider talking to a dermatologist and seeing about acutane if nothing else works. Acutane is kinda a scarey product but if nothing works, that might be your best choice of action. I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions feel free to email me. :-) Have a great day!|||you need to kill the bacteria.





you need to clear the pores.





use a product with salicylic acid, like clear pore astringent with a clean cotton pad twice daily.





use benzoyl peroxide wipes to kill the bacteria. use wipes because the cream can get in your eyes!





No picking!! Picking is like akin to a farmer planting his fields.





If this doesn%26#039;t work (wait a month and see) go to a dermatologist.





I suffer as well.|||I like you didn%26#039;t have horrible acne. I would get a few here and there. And the acne that is under your skin, those are cysts. They hurt very badly and never really go away, they just go down. The only way to get rid of them is by getting injections into them at the dermatologist.





As for the dry skin, drink more water. And make sure you use lotion on your face every night.





As far as face washes go, use Neutrogena face soap bar. It%26#039;s orange and very cheap. It will help clean your face without over drying it.





DO NOT use Proactiv. It only made my face worse and it was semi expensive.





If you do end up going to a dermatologist, talk to them about Accutane. I have been using it for awhile now and I have yet to see a pimple in the last 5 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment