Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Going to the dermatologist tomorrow?

Can a derm. provide something to treat risidule acne (acne underneath the skin)? What is the hardest kind of acne to treat?





Also, can a derm. do anything for facial scars? (Not acne scarring, I just have one fairly deep scar)





Thanks in advance =]|||Yeah the dermatologist can help you with acne which is underneath the skin (like tiny cysts)


I went to see the dermatologist for my acne a couple of months ago and she prescribed me Tetralysal which is an oral antibiotic and differin cream.


Unfortunately for me I had an allergic reaction to the differin cream but this is very rare so dont worry,


The Tetralysal is working slightly but when I go back she is going to talk to me about roaccutane on a low dosage which will hopefully be more effective even though it can have bad side effects.


Just to prepare you- the dermatologist will need you to take off all your makeup so they can assess the acne. If you want to wear makeup then take a cleanser and some cotton wool pads in your bag to take it off when you are in there, then go straight home after wards to reapply your makeup. (That%26#039;s what I did :-) )


I%26#039;m afraid I dont know if the dermatologist can help you with your scar... Laser treatment is always an option and if the dermatologist doesnt do this i%26#039;m sure they can advise you on a reputable health care professional who can :)


Best of luck hunny x x|||The dermatologist can give you some medications or creams to help clear up the acne. It will take some time, but you will begin to notice it clearing up. They may also recommend some cleansers for your skin that will also help clear up acne and prevent it from coming back.


The most serious type of acne is called cystic acne. It%26#039;s very painful and the skin is very inflamed and red. It%26#039;s very difficult to treat but can be cleared up.


With facial scarring, there are treatments to help clear them up or make them less noticeable. Many dermatologists can do this, ands if they can%26#039;t they will refer you to another doctor, even a plastic surgeon. Most likely, the dermatologist will be able to help you.


Best of luck. Hope I helped|||yes dermatologist can help you with you problem just ask him and he will ansewer all your problems|||I%26#039;m pretty sure he can.Ask him,though,don%26#039;t hesitate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment