Saturday, December 26, 2009

Dermatologist help?

hi





I have mild acne i guess you could call it.





I basically just have redness in the face and pimples here and there. and ance scars





i have pretty much tried every product there is.. Is it time for me to go to a dermotologist? I heard some ppl saying they give you pills that help clear up acne and blance stuff in your body.





Should i go? i really want clear skin. has anyone gone to one and it has truely helped clear up there face?|||Accutane is the only real %26quot;cure%26quot; for acne available. All other creams, exfoliates, topical medication as well as oral meds must be taken indefinitely or you will start breaking out again,





I took Accutane about 15 years ago for the first time and had no problems whatsoever with it. I have since had a booster dosage about 8 years ago and my skin is great now. I had horrible cystic acne growing up and still have scars on my face from those acne years.





I put all three of my children on Accutane the minute they started breaking out as teenagers (around 14-16) because I did not want then to have the scars that I have. They handled the drug just fine. All three have since had booster rounds. (yea, I%26#039;m ancient--51 yrs old! ha!)





You also really do need a good skin cleaning regiment.





Pro Active, Neurtragena or Clearasil products are fine--just get the stuff for acne and use it consistently. I also add Oxy 10 pads after I clean my face as it tends t get off the dirt/oils that regular cleaning miss. It%26#039;s like the rinse cycle in the washing machine. Then add your other topical products that have salicylic acid and benzoil peroxide 10%. An oil-free moisturizer is a must, especially when you are on Accutane.





Yes, you can have clear skin. Accutane works.|||Have you tried Rectin A? Never mind about the product.


The truth about the clear skin is you have to make sure you%26#039;ve got enough sleep as well as water. Make sure you%26#039;ve at least 7 hours of sound sleep a day and drink as much water as possible but dont over-do it. Try what I said for about 2 weeks and you%26#039;ll see your skin getting smoother and months will give you a significant result. (of course dont stress too much about anything)|||Have you tried Proactive Solutions? That is what i use and it worked really great. If you have and have tried everything else, probably a dermatologist is a good idea.|||You could see a dermatologist if you%26#039;d like. The thing with any skin product is that you%26#039;re never going to see overnight results. It takes a good 4-6 weeks of a skin regimen to really see a difference and if you%26#039;re giving up on a program after a week or two out of frustration, then you%26#039;re not giving it long enough. I love neutrogena products. I started using them as a teen and still use them as an adult and this was recommended by my dermatologist. She said to wash twice a day with the acne-prone facial bar (it%26#039;s in an orange and white box). If my skin got too dry then cut down to once a day. I have oily skin, so I don%26#039;t use a moisturizer unless I%26#039;m going out in the sun. I also use proactive when I%26#039;m not home and that has worked well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment