Wednesday, December 30, 2009

1st visit to a dermatologist... (acne)?

ill be going to the dermataologist next week to hopefully treat my acne and so that it goes away. im 17 right now and it started when i was like 14, but only on my face. then, when i was like 16 or so , i had it on my back and chest and shoulders. I dont have health insurance and thats why i took so long to search for help. i called and asked them how much it was for me to go and they said it was $90. My questions is, what is the dermatologist going to do? is he going to check blood? skin? what do you think he%26#039;ll prescribed for my case on acne %26amp; scars ? also how expensive is retin-a or accutane?, Thanks.. :)|||OK here it is: He%26#039;ll look at your skin give you something (a cream or pills or both ) and send you to the pharmacy to get it which will cost you god only knows how much money. The cream or gel will fry your face, make it burn, turn it red, dry it out %26amp; probably do nothing. I tried the pills %26amp; nothing happened, my friends kid went %26amp; got cream %26amp; it made his face all red, dry %26amp; worse. I suggested she try Proactiv Solution %26amp; told her how I use it and you can buy 1 bottle for $16.00 or join the club %26amp; get the kit for $40.00 delivered every 3 months. She gets it for him at the mall. If you want there tel # it%26#039;s 1-800-950-4695. Stay away from the dermatologist (waste of money %26amp; you%26#039;re skin won%26#039;t get better)... My ex boyfriends brother had very bad acne, got gel from the dematologist %26amp; it was just the same %26quot;IT DID NOT WORK%26quot; , don%26#039;t waste your time %26amp; $$$ seriously I use Proactiv %26amp; it WORKS!!!!|||The doctor will start you out on some basic creams and ointments, just to see how your face reacts and how strong the medicine should be. Usually, you%26#039;ll get samples of these creams first. If they really work and you see improvement, you can buy the larger tubes.


If nothing seems to be working, Acutane probably will, bt it can be up to 120 dollars depending on your dosage. If you start Acutane, blood work will be done every month.


Good Luck!|||you poor kid. there won%26#039;t be blood work that i know of. just an exam and history questions. there are many things available. he%26#039;ll try whichever he thinks will treat your acne the best. good luck. relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment