Friday, January 8, 2010

I don't have a dermatologist..?

and i need something to treat my acne. I%26#039;ve tried so many treatments that don%26#039;t work. But my insurance won%26#039;t pay for a derm and it costs to much. Is there any way out of this? Because i%26#039;d really like to be perscribed something thats for my skin type.|||I use this acne cream from Walmart and it actually works pretty good for me. I%26#039;ve been using it for years. Its called ZapZyt and I use it every night before I go to bed. Its usually less than $5 at Walmart. It may not work for you but for the price it worth a try. I%26#039;ve also included the website so you can look into some more! Hope this helps! :)|||Even a regular GP can prescribe a antibiotic treatment course or something else topical, however, they%26#039;re usually hit or miss, some times they work if yours isn%26#039;t too bad but a lot of times they don%26#039;t. If you haven%26#039;t already there%26#039;s always birth control, that can some times help as well.





It%26#039;s not usually the Dr visits that are pricey, it%26#039;s the medication they give you that is, like my Dermatologist visit is only $100 per month, but my blood work is $350 a month and my Rx $1800 a month (and that%26#039;s down from $2000 last month).





It sucks but some times if you can get a referral from your GP the insurance will then pick up the tab.|||most dermatological prescirptions are not covered by insurance and even skin treatments done by an esthetician or nurse in an office are costly and not covered. You could try going to your general practioner and have them write up retin a for you and ask if they can do it so it will not be an out of pocket expense.


the best treatments in my opinion for acne are:


isolaz acne light laser


salicylic peels


retin-a or tazorac


benzaclin


and sometimes a short term dosage of antibiotic


products that conatin benzoyl peroxide non otc form





if acne is severe and an ongoing issue you might want to talk to your doctor about accutane|||The only prescription acne medication that you need a derm for is Accutane. All other prescriptions can be written by your doctor. Head over to www.acne.org, which is this great site that people can relate to each other about their acne and you can read up about different prescriptions and what might work for you. :)|||Neather do I -------

No comments:

Post a Comment